Job Postings - Please check back often for new postings. The Millennium Group - Affordable Housing Portfolio Manager Women & Families Center - Chief Executive Officer - for the full … See All
Neighborhoods are at their best when “Main Street” pulses with the activities that make a community come alive–residential, retail, entertainment, services , public facilities and common areas. Downtowns and nearby properties have special opportunities for adaptive reuse and new mixed-use development. Cities and towns that undergo redevelopment as a way to catalyze Main Street, energize it with shopping, dining, culture and entertainment. There are several financial tools available for Main Street redevelopment and if brought together in the right way, for the right uses, they can do the job.
Special topics will include:
* Mixed-use development challenges,
* Inventory: What do you have to work with,
* Thinking outside the box for adaptive re-use,
* The real estate financing process,
* Mixed financing: finding the right recipe,
* Quantifying the financing gap/closing the gap,
* Financing tools for mixed-use development,
* Historic tax credit, LIHTC and NMTC, and
* How to fill the commercial space.