To many economic development practitioners, the New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) offers promise as a tool to get deals done but understanding how to use it in an actual project often proves challenging. This course takes participants through a general understanding of the program to detailed, step-by-step application in actual deals. NDC, as a recipient of one of the largest NMTC allocations, is at the leading edge in developing and applying the best models for this powerful economic development tool. This course addresses the following topics:
- Outline of the NMTC program
- How funds flow through an NMTC deal
- Determining the amount of tax credits available to investors
- Calculating the Qualified Equity Investment
- Structuring a Qualified Low-Income Community Investment
- Compliance and recapture issues
Click here to register.